Saturday, November 17, 2007

11/17/2007

so here i am again. yet another update.  i've been pretty busy writing.  and even though not much poetry has been written, i have been busy writing short stories again.  its amazing and wonderful what you can do when you find your muse.  a muse can be a moment in time, a person, a memory.  for me my muse is just fantastic.  i am encouraged to write again.  nothing else matters.  not everyone in my life understands my writing and for that i have myself to blame..  always, always surround yourself with encouraging people. 
    if there was one piece of advice i could give young writers it would be to remember this.  what you write today may not touch a single soul today, but one day someone will read what you wrote and feel as if you are writing directly to them.  if you write for today thats okay too, make it fit your mood.  i write what my imagination and heart tell me to write.  i make no excuses for my finished products.  if it offends anyone then oh well.  if it feels personal to anyone, then i've done my job.  if you read it and you know me and you can instantly tell what i was talking about and the precise moment i was referring to then you are rare indeed.  and i thank you for noticing.  i dream in poetry. i dream in poetry blinded by love.  i write my emotions onto paper. i share my life with those that would read it.  i leave you with this.

I Am Me

 

Know me as I am

My goals, my dreams, my points of view

The way I think, the way I act

Should not be altered to comfort you

Know me as I am

 

Love me for me

Not because of what I do or what I can do

Don't love me because of what I've obtained

Possessions alone do not make a name

Love me for me

 

I am who I am

I cannot change myself to fit your life

My personality can't be molded into what you call right

I won't become something else to be accepted in your sight

I am who I am

 

I am me



even though i live my life as a hypocrite, this is truly how i feel.  don't attempt to mold me into your view of me.  i may go along for the ride for awhile, but rest assured, i will eventually grow tired of pretending and i will rebel one way or another. 



welcome to my mind, its a strange place to be
but at least you can leave when you want to

mr. me




Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

No comments: