I probably would have updated sooner, but we just happen to have just passed my most favorite of holidays. HALLOWEEN. i love dressing up and scaring the mess out of people. i love halloween so much that i have a few haiku's that i did in honor of the day. and yes i'm going to torture you with a few.
this one was done back in 2000:
Halloween Advice
When the porch light is turned off
No more candy here
Happy Halloween I
Trick or treaters come
Wonderful costumes to see
Candy with a smile
i won't list them all. at some point, i'll probably just make a list of them along the side so you can enjoy them at your leisure. i haven't decided if i like doing haiku yet. seems easy but it really isn't. takes a bit of time to fit the rules and then make sure it makes sense. even though its not exactly in the true spirit of a haiku, meaning they don't really have much to do with nature, they are in the form of a haiku. like it or hate it, it is my creation. a small sample of the batch i did that year. i must have at least 20 haiku's by now from holiday themed to general.Wonderful costumes to see
Candy with a smile
i've done some more writing lately. now on the surface that may seem like a big so what, but considering i haven't signed my name to a new poem since oh about 2002, this is big news for me.
THIS JUST IN, AJ WRITES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
ahhh it had a better impact in my head. not everything that is thought up can be transferred to paper with ease. somethings take a while to get the words to fit just right. my newest writings took a few days to get out of my head and onto the paper, but once i get rolling, they just flow. it's not quite writer's block, i'm not stuck on a sentence or concept, its more like getting over the fear of creating something that won't be accepted or liked. i want to write the words down, but my nerves stop me. eventually i break through and its like a damn has given way to this flood of words that just keep on flowing. i honestly stopped myself before i wrote something too revealing or to controversial.
finding the time to write is another thing. work has been crazy for the past 2 weeks and i've just been too damn worn out to sit and empty my head. maybe now that i've started this wonderful little blog, purhaps it will serve as my penseive(my homage to dear old Harry Potter) and i'll be able to leave my thoughts here just to get them out of my head, and then come back to them when i need to ponder some more.
so since i've promised it and i've written it, it just makes sense that i would go ahead and post it. after 4 revisions(another new concept to me) i have finally signed my name to the bottom of a new poem. wanna see it??? hope i didn't hype it up too much, its just a bunch of words that were floating around in my head and needed a nice place to say for a while. here goes.
Without You
As bad as I want you here with me
You need to stay far away
I'm liable to act out all the things
I've been unable to say
These feelings erupt inside me
Before I realize they're there
I want to have you close to me
Bad timing makes it so unfair
I never new how bad I needed you
Till I needed you to be here
I never new how missed you were
Till missing you brought me to tears
I never knew without you,
Life wouldn't feel right
I realize now without you,
There really is no life
I can try to fight it off
Try to ignore what's deep inside
I'm spinning my wheels trying to run away
When I should just enjoy the ride
I've learned yet again what I always knew
Don't judge a book by its cover
I'm lost in your pages and soaking you up
You're a read that's like no other
I want to give you what you've given to me
Till your skin heats up like mine
I want to engulf you in all that I am
Till we both lose track of time
I realize you're inside my head
I know this fact to be true
I know now what I've known all along
I would be totally lost Without You.okay there you have it, after years and months and days of waiting, i've finally created something new. i'm not even sure how i feel about it yet...that's such a lie, i'm feeling it. i felt it. its not easy for me to just share my thoughts so openly and freely. but i figured i'd take a chance and just see where it leads. maybe i'll be encouraged to write more. writing is in my blood. i was born to write. i just need to trust my instincts more and let the pen(or keyboard) flow.
okay its time to head out now. i'm tired so i doubt i'll be doing any updating later. but hopefully i'll be able to get some more write time in. don't worry i have hundreds of poems to share. it's just gonna take me some time to ferret them all out and find the right spot for them. till then happy reading.
welcome to my mind, its a strange place to be
but at least you can leave when you want to
mr. me
__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com
No comments:
Post a Comment