Friday, November 9, 2007

11/9/2007 2:10:55 AM

So here I am at 2 in the morning trying to finally update my poetry blog. This time I can be honest and say I’ve been trying to keep it up to date but I really have been buried in work. With project deadlines and woogap updates due, I’ve been swamped. At least I have been very inspired to write.

The right kind of encouragement can inspire me to binge write. The funny thing is not everything I write will be about what encourages me. Right now I’m a bit light headed and not sleepy so there’s really no telling what direction I may go in. I will however try to keep it poetic.

Speaking of poetic, I thought I’d try and re cap some earlier creations and try to explain them away. I started a lil bit with my first poem ever written. It was for a girl back in jr high school, but that’s covered in an earlier post. So for today how bout we move ahead a bit and I share with you my most favorite poem. It was the first time I’d written a poem about something other then emotional affection. It was a poem about my favorite past time., daydreaming….


Daydreams

Sometimes I don’t feel like sleeping

But I don’t feel like being awake

So I lay back in my bed

In a solemn state

It’s not that I feel sick

But I feel more like screaming

So I relax my mind and I start daydreaming

Daydreaming is fun, if you let yourself go

At first you start with a small thought

Then let it grow

If you let your fantasies go free in your mind

Your daydream will be pleasant and you’ll have a great time

Not everyone can daydream some people just won’t

If you can’t think pleasantly then I suggest you don’t

Daydreams are special there’s no limit to the fun

Now leave me alone until my daydream is done



This poem gave me my poetic license. I learned that it was okay to take people on a ride with words and it was when I learned that drempt was a real word even though not all dictionaries carry it.

Now I realize that 90 if not 99% of all my creations are love poems of some kind. I love the feeling of loving. Hard to explain, I really enjoy the feeling of loving and being loved. I believe that love cannot be contained in a little box. We can’t bottle up love and tell it when and how to act. Love finds us and does with us what it wishes. If you love someone, tell them, let them know you love them. And then continue to love them no matter what. I don’t just believe in love, I believe in love unconditionally. You can’t say you love someone and then put conditions on it. I love you only if you love me back or I love you as long as you sign this marriage certificate and follow this strict set of rules. My love isn’t on a switch that gets shut off as soon as I find that one person to marry. I have so much love inside me that I have to share it or I’ll explode.

So what does any of that have to do with this, simple, when I go on a writing spree, most often its about a dream love. That perfect love. I fantasize about what it might be like to be loved unconditionally, then I write about it. I wish I could type as fast as I think. So many poems have been lost because I start thinking about them and I finish the whole damn thing in my mind before I can write a single word down. So I tend to create poems in pieces, I’ll write a line down and then another and then decide where in the poem to put them. So in a way I guess I don’t just write poems, I construct them.

Here’s something I wrote last year, not yet released for public eyes until now. I thought I’d share this with you because, well because you are my fans and I owe you something new now and then. This one is personal to me, I felt the words as I typed them. I studied them and kept going till it felt right. I tried to capture what many a person must feel at some point in time. I hope you feel it as I do.


Mind Twister

I am in the midst

of a proverbial twist

I have not the mind to fix

So I take a chance

At life’s humility dance

And fight the urge to resist

Instinct be my guide

On this sensational ride

I leave my fate in your hands

I have not a plan

So expectations be damned

I’ll take it however I can

The more I enjoy

The higher I float

Wading deeper till forced to swim

I’ll go with the flow

Let the intensity grow

As I step out on this limb

My minds in a daze

Of emotional haze

The intensity has no end

I’m addicted to you

It’s undeniably true

So let the journey begin


It’s not often I write something that gives me chills every time I re read it. This one does it for me. I have others that do it but this one really does it. Hope you get the chilly willy’s too.



welcome to my mind, its a strange place to be
but at least you can leave when you want to

mr. me

No comments: