Wednesday, October 20, 2010

To Summarize...

Okay so my previous post got a bit longer then I anticipated but once I started writing it just flowed out. What are ya gonna do right.  In thinking about it though, I believe I can sum up what it is i was trying to say I want.  Simply put, I want something that is going to last, something that can endure the test of time.

I've written about it, I think about it. I do little things to see if I can spark it. The reality of the matter is, I don't and wont know until I can look back and say wow, she's been around through it all, she's survived through thick and thin and here she stands.  Then and only then will i know I've found what I'm looking for.  Anybody can say I'll be around no matter what, but trust me, it's a lot harder to be an unconditional friend then you think.  To stand by or with someone no matter what they go through or what life throws at them.  You have to be in it for the absolute right reasons or you'll get crushed by the force of life. 

Okay, so I'm doing it again, start talking about emotional stuff and the words pour out of me like a broken water hydrant.  I need to stop here and just leave you with my summary of what it is I want.  Two simple poems that say it all, that true test of time love....Enjoy


U & I

 

Love of one, love of two

A love of old made new

A love from which there's no place to hide

The love shared between you and I



Out Of No Where

 

Excuse me miss, where did you come from?

How in the world did you get here.

Just when I thought I was all alone,

Out of no where you appear.

I thought I was safe, never again,

Would I let cupid strike me down.

But somehow you're in my thoughts,

Every time I turn around.

I said I give up on love I'll have,

Nothing to do with it.

But you caressed and stroked my heart,

And to this day you just won't quit.

I tried to run, I tried to fight it, I tried,

To push it away.

But ever morning when I wake up,

Thoughts of you begin my day.

So I surrender, no point in fighting,

If this is the way that it must be.

I must acknowledge the final fact,

That I'll love you for eternity.

Let the world hear me confess,

Mr. Cupid has knocked me to the floor.

I began this day in love with you, and

I'll love you forever more.



No comments: